Working With Clients
To create, view and edit Client Files, click Clients in the Navigation Bar. The Client
Report screen appears. In this area, you can create, view and edit client files. You can
also select subsets of your clients and save them as customized client lists,
and track your dealing with clients in your Communication Log.
From this screen, you have the following options:
- To create a new Client File, click Create.
- To view or edit an existing Client File, click the name of the client
or the Edit column for that client. The Client File screen appears, where you can
enter or edit the information for this client.
- To let your clients know how to access portfolios you have created
for them, see the instructions at the bottom of the Client
- To view any retirement, tuition or asset allocation plans you have created for
this client, click R, T or A in the appropriate column.
If no plan has been created, click Create to set one up. In either case, the Planners screen appears.
- To view the current mix of assets in all portfolios for the
currently selected client(s), click the Asset Allocation tab above the report.
- When you first click this tab, a
Summary screen appears, which compares
all portfolios for each client to the
recommended Asset Allocation plan for
- To view a comparison of each portfolio
to the recommended Asset Allocation
plan, click Detailed View above
the table. Click Summary View to
return to the summary.
- To view a summary of the combined performance of all portfolios for
the currently selected client(s), as well as the 1-year standard
deviation, click the Portfolio tab above the report
- To create or view any portfolios for a client, click P in
the Portfolio column. The Portfolio Menu screen appears.
- To quickly locate a client by name, enter part of the name in Search by client name
and click Go.
- To locate all clients holding particular funds or stocks in their
portfolio(s), enter the symbols in the appropriate Search by...
box and click Go.
- If you enter multiple symbols, GlobeAdvisor will
find all portfolios containing any of the selected funds or stocks.
- If you don't know the symbols, click Symbol
- To track your dealings with this client, click C in the Next Appt
column. The Communication Log screen appears.
- To sort the information in the report on any column in descending order, click the column
heading. Click again to sort in ascending order.
- To create or edit a list comprising only selected clients, select one
or more clients by clicking the box in the leftmost (Sel) column beside their name.
- To add the selected clients to an existing list, select the list from
the box at the bottom and click Add.
- To create a new list comprising only the selected clients, enter the
name of the list in the box at the bottom and click Save.
- To display an existing client list, select it from the Client List box
at the top and click View.
- To send a message to a client, click E in the
Portfolio/Other column. The Message Form appears.
Note: To send a message, you must have entered a valid e-mail
address on the Client File screen.
- To send selected client(s) a message, enter it below and click
An entry for this message will be added to your Communication
- To send the same message to multiple clients, click the To: button for a
list of all clients with valid e-mail addresses. Use Ctrl-click to select
- To include the client's user name and password, with instructions on
viewing portfolios you have created for them, click the checkbox below the