Creating a Presentation
One of the most powerful features of GlobeAdvisor is the
ability to create customized presentations for your clients. A presentation can
include any or all of the following:
- A cover page, with standard disclosures
and text customized for this client.
- Any asset allocation, retirement or tuition plan you have created for this
- Charts and reports for client and model portfolios, as well as selected
stocks, funds and indexes. You can group reports for comparison, or display
Note: To ensure the highest standards of print quality, presentations
are created in Adobe Acrobat .PDF format. If you do not have the (free) Acrobat Reader
software, click Adobe Acrobat to download and install it. Normally, you would print out the report
for your client, but if you want to provide it to them in electronic format,
make sure they have the Acrobat Reader as well.
To create or edit a presentation, click Presentation in the
Navigation Bar. If you have not already selected a client on another screen, the Select Client screen appears.
- If you have not created a file for the desired client, click "here" to create one.
- Otherwise, select a client from the pulldown box and click Go.
The Create/Edit Presentation screen appears.
- If you want to create a new presentation for the current
client, enter a name and click Create.
- If you want to edit an existing presentation, select it
from the pulldown box and click Edit.
The Presentation screen appears, with the following options:
- Cover Page and Disclosures: Click here to include a cover page
and the standard disclosures. You can also enter
text in the Personal Comments box to further customize the presentation.
- Including Client Planners
- If you have created Asset Allocation, Retirement or
Tuition plans for this client, you can select them here for inclusion in the
- If not, you can create or edit them now by clicking Create a
(New) Plan... or Edit. The Planning screen appears.
- Comparison Charts and Reports: Select the types of
instruments you want to compare in a single report, and click Edit. The
(Comparison) screen appears.
- Individual Charts and Reports: Select the types of
instruments you want to view as separate reports, and click Edit. The
Illustration (Single Security) screen appears.
Once you have included all the desired elements for this presentation, click Create
Presentation. A preview of all the information in the presentation appears.
- If you need to make modifications, click the browser's Back button.
- If all is correct, click Generate?
The report appears in Adobe Acrobat format. You now have the option of printing
the presentation or saving it to a file.