The Profiles screen allows you to retrieve
detailed information on funds and companies. To access it, click Profiles
on the Navigation Bar.
Three types of profile are available:
- Fund Profiles provide a detailed
description of the fund, including type, current and recent pricing, 1
month-to-10 year returns, ratings, RRSP eligibility, top holdings and
performance charts, as well as special reports and recent articles about this
- Fund Company Profiles provide a brief description of the company, including location,
total net assets, profiles for each of its funds, and special reports and
recent articles about this company.
- Company Snapshots provide a brief description of
thousands of publicly-traded companies based in Canada and the United States, including
the company's area(s) of concentration and main sources of revenue, annual
financials, contact information, industry competitors and key corporate personnel. Report
on Business Company Snapshots and rankings are available for Canadian Companies, while
Zacks supplies corporate data and descriptions for U.S. companies.
To select a profile type, click the corresponding red tab on the Profiles screen.
Profiles - Fund
You can retrieve the profile for a fund by either symbol, company or fund name.
- Option A: Enter a Fund Symbol
- If you know the symbol for the fund, enter it in
the Symbol box and click Go.
- If you don’t know the symbol, click Symbol
Lookup and locate the symbol(s) you need.
- Option B: Select a Fund Company
- Click the down-arrow beside the Company box, select the fund company from the drop-down
list, and click Find.
- From the Fund selection box that appears, select the fund you want and click Go.
- Option C: Enter Fund Name
- In the Name box, enter part of the fund name and click Go. A new selection box appears,
containing all funds with that text in their name.
- Select the fund you want and click Go.
The Profile screen for this fund appears.
Profiles – Fund Company
You can retrieve the profile for a fund company by either company name or sponsor:
- Option A: Select a
Fund Company: Select the fund company from the drop-down list and Click Go.
- Option B: Select from
Sponsors: Click a company
logo from the selection below.
The Company Profile appears.
Profiles – Company Snapshot
You can retrieve a company snapshot by either symbol or name.
- Option A: Enter a Symbol
- If you know the symbol for the company, enter it here.
Click Go. The Snapshot screen for this company appears.
- Begins with, to
retrieve all companies whose names begin with your text (e.g., "Fidelity"
will retrieve all companies whose name begins with Fidelity.)
- Contains, to retrieve
all companies with that text anywhere in their name.
- Canada, USA or All (for companies headquartered in both countries).
Click Go. A list of companies matching your text appears. Note
that Snapshots are only available for companies whose names appear underlined in blue.
- If your company does not appear, click more… until you find it, or Back
if you pass it.
Click the name of the company you are interested in. The Snapshot screen for this