To get to the Stock Reports screen, click Reports on the Navigation Bar and
select the Stock tab, OR click Filters to
specify detailed criteria for the stocks you want to report on. The following options are
- Option A: Enter Stock or Index Symbol(s): If you know the symbols of
the stocks you want, enter them here, separated by spaces (e.g., ibm-n msft-q). If you
don't know the symbol, click Symbol Lookup to
- Option B: Select from your Stocklists: If you have set up one or more
personal stocklists, select the list containing the stocks you want.
Then select from the following report types.
- Price Reports focus on the price
performance of one or more securities or indexes.
- Financial Reports concentrate on
company financial ratios and results.
- Estimate Reports highlight analysts'
recommendations and earnings estimates.
Click Go. The report appears.
- To view a detailed profile of the company issuing this stock, click the
- To view current news and pricing on the stock, click the stock symbol.
- To sort any column in ascending, then descending order, click the
Price-based reports focus on the price performance of one or more securities or
indexes. The default price-based report is the Quote report. During trading hours
(weekdays, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.), price quotes are delayed 15 minutes. Calculations do not include the
payment of dividends. Each report links to price charts, news and additional information
on each company or index displayed on the report. Here is a brief summary of the features
of each price report:
- Quote report: The Quote report is the
default price-based report. It shows intraday and end-of-day prices for stocks and market
indexes. The report shows trading volume for the day, the latest net and percentage price
changes, daily price highs and lows and each security's 52-week high and low.
- $ Change:
Focuses on net price changes for the past week, month, year to date and 12 months. The
report also shows the latest available intraday or end-of-day price, the previous close
and the net price change for each stock or index.
- % Change: Focuses on the
percentage change for the stock or index for the past week, month, year to date, 12
months, three years and five years. The report also shows the latest available intraday or
end-of-day price, the previous close and the percentage price change for each stock or
- 5-Star Rating Report:The 5-Star Rating Report shows a stock's rating under the Globe Investor 5-Star Rating system. The report also shows the rating three months and one year ago to track changes in the rating as well as the number of percentage points the stock has out- or under-performed its industry median return over the same periods.
Financial Reports concentrate on company financial ratios and results. The default
financial report is the Quarterly Results report. When viewing a financial report, you
have three currency options: You can view the data in the currency in which the company
originally reported its financial statements (As Reported); view the data in Canadian
dollars; or view the data in U.S. dollars. Each report links to price charts, news and
additional information on each company or index displayed on the report. Here is a brief
summary of the features of each price report:
- Annual Results: Focuses
company assets, revenue, net income and earnings per share (EPS) over the most recent
annual period. The report highlights three-year percentage growth in revenue, net income
and EPS. The report can be viewed in either Canadian or U.S. dollars.
- Key Ratios: Shows company
price/book ratios, percentage returns on common equity and assets, debt/equity ratios,
interest coverage and dividend payout for the fiscal period.
- Quarterly Results: Quarterly
Results is the default financial report. It focuses on company revenues, net income and
earnings per share information for the most recent quarterly reporting period. If
quarterly data aren't available, annual data will be used. The report also shows the
latest price for the company's most actively traded stock, earnings per share and
price/earnings figures. During trading hours (weekdays, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.), price quotes
are delayed 15 minutes.
- Summary: Highlights the analysts' current consensus recommendation
(Strong Buy, Buy, Hold, Underperform or Sell). The report also displays the mean EPS
estimates for the current quarter and current fiscal year.
- Recommendation: Highlights analysts' current consensus recommendation
(Strong Buy, Buy, Hold, Underperform, Sell). The report also displays the analysts' mean
recommendation for the company and its industry, and shows what the mean recommendation
was 7, 30 and 60 days ago.
- Quarterly: Displays the mean EPS and year-ago EPS estimates for the
current and next quarters.
- Annual: Displays the mean EPS estimates for the current and next fiscal
years, and the actual reported EPS for the previous fiscal year.
- Calendar: Displays current quarter and annual calendarized EPS
estimates, percent change versus a year ago and next 5 years median growth rate.
- % Surprise: Focuses on the estimate EPS, actual EPS and percent
surprise for the past two quarters.